|LibSource, an LAC Group Company seeks a Research Services Librarian to provide legal and business development/competitive intelligence research for our client, a global law firm in Northern California. The Research Services Librarian will provide legal and business development research and support attorneys and business development and marketing personnel, and provide support for the Firm-wide library director for collection development and budgeting matters.
*Our client will consider a flexible (but consistent) split schedule between Palo Alto and San Francisco for the best-qualified candidate.
- Strong reference capabilities and the ability to perform electronic resources management.
- Provide support for attorneys and paralegals with research into local, State and Federal law. This requires exploration into all areas of the firm’s fields of practice. Including, but not limited to: Litigation, Tax, Corporate and Securities, Intellectual Property, Employment, and Real Property and Construction Litigation.
- Develop a knowledge of practice areas and specific projects, and work proactively to provide information and news as it develops.
- Assist with training Summer Associates in legal research tools and strategies, and help familiarize newly minted attorneys to the practice of law and expectations of a large law firm environment.
- Assist in the evaluation and selection of business and news information resources.
- Research and retrieve primary and secondary local, state and federal materials.
- Research other materials not in legal databases that support attorney strategies and requirements.
- Identify and provide practice guide materials as appropriate to specific issues and needs.
- Research both past and ongoing legislative developments in a variety of industries.
- Assist in the evaluation of information resources that support the firm’s practice areas.
- Synthesize various types of search results and types of documents into a coherent and concise package.
- Identify and provide materials as appropriate to specific business development issues and needs.
- Evaluate current events and news for existing and potential business development opportunities.
- Monitor clients, competitors, industries, economic projections and trends.
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and values diversity in the workforce.
- Master’s degree in Library or Information Science, with a minimum of 5 years of experience working in a law firm or professional services environment that supports attorneys.
- Proficiency with online legal, business and industry resources such as Lexis, Westlaw, Monitor Suite and Bloomberg is strongly preferred.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite of applications.
LAC Group is a premier provider of recruiting and consultancy services for information professionals at U.S. and global organizations including Fortune 100 companies, law firms, pharmaceutical companies, large academic institutions and prominent government agencies