LAC Federal is seeking for a Document Delivery Support Tier 2 for a major health library in the Washington, DC metro area. This is a long term full time (40 hour a week; Monday to Friday) benefited position.
- Provide an advanced, secondary level of support (Tier 2) with higher level information seeking skills to do advanced discovery and investigation of difficult requests.
- Respond to customer questions related to document delivery.
- Review Tier 1 work on a monthly basis, including relevant statistics in the monthly report, as per reporting requirements.
- Provide timely and relevant updates to various document delivery and interlibrary loan systems including OCLC, DOCLINE, and ILLiad. Timely typically means one business day.
- Oversight and leadership of collection management support services.
- Contractor shall expend a higher level of effort when further searching of materials is required for incomplete citations.
- All requests and responses will be tracked through ILLiad to ensure consistency of metrics collection.
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and values diversity in the workforce.
- Associate's Degree from a recognized college or technical institute with 16 credits in library science or computer science. Degree in MLS/MLIS is highly preferred;
- 3 years relevant library experience
- Must have experience with OCLC, DOCLINE, and ILLiad
- Any tier level support experience is a plus
- Has knowledge of library techniques, systems and procedures
- Some knowledge of sources of reference on bibliographical material
- Ability to use and explain the library facilities, including catalogs and other reference aids
- Ability to deal effectively with volunteers and non-professional staff in instructing them in the use of the library
- Ability to present ideas effectively orally and in writing
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with personnel of the institution.
LAC Group is a premier provider of recruiting and consultancy services for information professionals at U.S. and global organizations including fortune 100 companies, law firms, pharmaceutical companies, large academic institutions and prominent government agencies.