LAC Federal is seeking Information Desk Support personnel for a major health library in the Washington, DC metro area. This is a long term full time (32 hour work week plus 8 hour on Saturday) benefited position.
- Provide information desk support during the week and on Saturdays from 10am-6pm, unless the Library is closed, for backup desk support of the Library Information Desk.
- Duties include light circulation responsibilities, reference questions, document delivery support, customer interactions, and answering of phones.
- Other duties may include but not limited to:
- Provide technical support in the development and documentation of studies, analyses, and reports
- Perform specialized research and technical writing tasks
- Study and analyze current advances in program practices and documentation and uses this information to formulate, implement, document, and evaluate processes, practice, systems, programs, or technology
- Provide general input and suggestions for improvement of processes and products for the benefit of the library's clientele
- Assist users in formulating search strategies and in locating materials using all available sources and tools
- Maintain current awareness about new products and sources of relevant materials or information
- Coordinate with government counterparts when information requests include extensive research
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and values diversity in the workforce.
- High School Degree
- 1 year relevant experience
- Has experience receiving, processing, filing, and/or retrieving media (paper, audio, visual) within a pre-defined and structured cataloging and storage system.
- Ability to organize and complete a variety of tasks requiring judgment and organizational skills.
LAC Group is a premier provider of recruiting and consultancy services for information professionals at U.S. and global organizations including fortune 100 companies, law firms, pharmaceutical companies, large academic institutions and prominent government agencies.