LAC Federal is seeking a Cataloging Support professional for a major health library in the Washington, DC metro area. This is a long term full time (40 hour a week; Monday to Friday) benefited position.
- Provide cataloging, metadata, and thesaurus management support for the NIH Library
- Manage/update existing records
- Creating original and copy cataloging records (as appropriate) for new acquisitions.
- Update holding records to remove deselected monographs and journal titles and issues, as appropriate.
- Assist with and consult on library staff on metadata creation/management and taxonomy use/management, especially in a biomedical setting. This includes application of metadata and biomedical thesauri in a digital repository and/or advanced indexing projects, as needed.
- Master's Degree in Library Science (MLS) from a college or university accredited by the American Library Association (ALA)
- 3 years relevant library experience
- Must have experience with sources such as OCLC WorldCat via WorldShare, the online catalog (Innovative Sierra), online resources databases (SQL, Intota, and Drupal-based), and link resolver (ProQuest 360 Link)
- Performs original and selected copy cataloging in all formats and all media
- Advises and consults on cataloging issues related to all materials in continuing formats; performs authority work and database maintenance; advises copy catalogers and other staff performing cataloging related tasks.
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and values diversity in the workforce.
LAC Group is a premier provider of recruiting and consultancy services for information professionals at U.S. and global organizations including fortune 100 companies, law firms, pharmaceutical companies, large academic institutions and prominent government agencies.