|LibGig, an LAC Group Company is seeking a part – time Photo Technician for a project based in New York City. The primary tasks of this position include executing high quality photo scans of original photo archive assets as well as entering caption and metadata information into a corresponding database. This position offers flexible scheduling, day/night. Total hours commitment weekly ranges from 10-30 hours depending on availability and production volumes. This is an excellent opportunity for someone working freelance or is looking for a flexible schedule.
- Sort photos by element type, condition, title, subject, etc.
- Carefully handle and prepare images for scanning procedures
- Re-sleeve and re-house images according to established standards
- Properly capture and / or assign unique image identification number with accuracy and record appropriate caption and catalog metadata according to project requirements and standards
- Accurately identify, validate and enter new metadata into database system according to specified requirements
- Maintain, review and assure 100% qc of all scans and data
- Repackage originals for return to archive
- Electronically deliver completed files and datasets per project requirements, regularly and within prescribed timelines and delivery standards
- Periodically clean, adjust and calibrate equipment to assure consistency
- Track and Report on daily / weekly productivity
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and values diversity in the workforce.
- Education – Degree in Photography, Broadcasting, and/or Film is helpful.
- Previous photo scanning and photo handling experience – knowledge of handling delicate photos, formats, scanning equipment, processing and techniques and knowledge of negative, prints and duplicates, etc.
- Knowledge of broadcast, media and 20th century Americana history is helpful
- Computer literate, basic understanding of inventory management software, knowledge of IMS and MS Word and Excel.
- Ability to multi-task, focus and accurately sort and keep track of physical items in a fast-paced environment.
- Legible handwriting is a MUST and is an essential part of the job.
- Ability to lift 25 lbs., sit and stand for long periods of time, Ability to read small print and view details on images, negatives and prints
- Capable of troubleshooting technical issues
- Good organizational, time management skills essential.
- Must be reliable and committed to adhering to the work schedules provided
- Must be punctual and be able to demonstrate excellent attendance
- Must be able to follow instructions and work within a team but also capable of successfully working independently
- Must be able to read, write and speak English fluently and accurately
LAC Group is a premier provider of recruiting and consultancy services for information professionals at U.S. and global organizations including fortune 100 companies, law firms, pharmaceutical companies, large academic institutions and prominent government agencies.