|LAC Federal is looking for an experienced Information Architect/Taxonomy Specialist to be a member of a team of information professionals developing and managing an extensive Federal knowledge base and repository. Work will be performed on-site. This is a full-time (40 hours per week; Monday - Friday), benefited position.
- The Architect will lead the development and maintenance of an enterprise taxonomy that encapsulates the full organization body of knowledge and practice.
- The Architect will work with contract and Federal staff to develop the project timelines and goals and will be responsible for regular reports, training of agency staff, and coordinating with information technology staff in the identification and implementation of appropriate technologies to manage the taxonomy including an auto-categorization tool.
- A graduate degree in either Information Management or Library and Information Science
- Extensive experience in developing and maintaining enterprise taxonomies, thesauri, and ontologies
- Experience implementing and configuring tools for taxonomy management including auto-categorization software solutions
- Expertise in the most up-to-date practices and technologies in Semantic Web development and management
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Ability to work alone and collaboratively across multiple functional areas to support a project
- Ability to obtain Secret Clearance
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and values diversity in the workforce.
- A background in business and/or acquisition metadata
- Familiarity with DoD policies and procedures
LAC Group is a premier provider of recruiting and consultancy services for information professionals at U.S. and global organizations including Fortune 100 companies, law firms, pharmaceutical companies, large academic institutions and prominent government agencies