Librarian I or Librarian II (3 Openings)
Librarians I or Librarians II
Austin Public Library
DUTIES FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Essential duties and functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following. Other related duties may be assigned.
- Provides in-depth reference services and reader's advisory to the public.
- Compiles bibliographies, reference guides, and indexes.
- Prepares and presents programs in the community and the library.
- Purchases and maintains assigned portion of collection according to budgetary guidelines and assesses collection on a regular basis.
- Appraises, organizes, and processes specialized archival collections.
- Provides basic preservation of archival materials.
- Provides instruction and classes in the use of computer hardware and software. Initiates and maintains contact with schools and with other individuals and groups serving youth in the community.
- Initiates and maintains contact with schools and with other individuals and groups serving youth in the community.
- Provides library tours and orientations. Explains policies to public and staff.
- Compiles and prepares reports.
- Collects, maintains, and prepares reports.
- Must possess required knowledge, skills, abilities and experience and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Knowledge of public library issues and trends.
- Knowledge of library automation and electronic resources.
- Knowledge of reference tools and procedures.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
- Skill in handling multiple tasks and prioritizing.
- Skill in using computers and related software.
- Skill in data analysis and problem solving.
- Skill in planning and organizing.
- Skill in working with and providing training and/or programming for youth.
- Ability to stay current on library profession and services by attending classes and seminars.
- Ability to work with frequent interruptions and changes in priorities.
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with other city employees and the public.
- Master's Degree from an ALA accredited Program, or must be received within six (6) months of employment
- Licenses and Certifications Required:
- May require a valid operator's license and the use of a personal vehicle.
- Knowledge of customer service principles and experience providing effective customer service
- Experience providing reference services and readers advisory in a large public library over the phone, email, chat, and in person
- Strong proficiency and interest in current and emerging technologies as applicable to public libraries
- Experience teaching/training customers and staff individually and in classroom settings
- Knowledge of collection development and experience performing collection development tasks
- Experience planning public programs
- Experience writing content for a library (website, blogs, or information guides)
- Spanish Language proficiency preferred
Open Date: 11/28/2016
- Must be able to stoop bend, walk, and reach heights of six (6) feet.
- Must be able to lift or pull book bags and equipment up to fifty (50) pounds.
- Must be able to push loaded book truck up to three hundred (300) pounds.
- Must have manual dexterity to operate computer keyboard.
Close Date: 12/28/2016
To Apply: http://www.austincityjobs.org/postings/56480
Company Website: http://library.austintexas.gov/