|LibGig, a division of LAC Group is seeking a skilled Temporary Reference Librarian on behalf of our client, a prestigious law firm. The Temporary Reference Librarian will be responsible for providing attorneys and staff with a consistently high level of reference service, as well as, working to develop and enhance services offered by the library. Work location is in Denver, CO.
- Providing outstanding assistance to all firm personnel in response to any legal/business related information needs.
- Providing accurate, timely and cost effective answers to general questions submitted by the attorneys and staff of the Firm.
- Conducting in-depth research on specific topics as assigned, presenting results in a thoughtful and useful format.
- Familiarity with the library’s collection and other local collections for the purpose of providing quality reference service to the Firm.
- Assisting database users with search strategies and technical problems.
- Organizing and filing reference requests forms.
- Other duties as assigned.
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and values diversity in the workforce.
- 3+ years reference experience, preferably in a law firm library or other customer-oriented settings.
- Demonstrated interest in legal librarianship or the law, as well as familiarity with new technologies and their application.
- Proven ability to use Westlaw, LexisNexis, OCLC, and EOS.
- MLIS degree
- Library technical services experience is highly desirable
LAC Group is a premier provider of recruiting and consultancy services for information professionals at U.S. and global organizations including Fortune 100 companies, law firms, pharmaceutical companies, large academic institutions and prominent government agencies