|LibGig, an LAC Group company, seeks a Technical Services Library Assistant for a large client in the Los Angeles area. The position will be in the client’s library department in the Metadata section and will focus around maintenance of the library collection and database, cataloging, and interlibrary loans.
- Collection and database maintenance including performing complex online searching of databases, analyzing, organizing and indexing materials, coordinating inventory of the collection, creating and maintaining databases for inventories, catalogs, indexes, and bibliographies.
- Performing cataloging tasks using online bibliographic library system utilizing national and international standards, creating cataloging descriptions, classification numbers and MARC tagging.
- Accepting requests for interlibrary loans, communication with other libraries.
- Participating in projects to relocate material.
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and values diversity in the workforce.
- 2-4 years of library experience including using bibliographic and library information sources and cataloging.
- Degree in library technology or related field. MLIS degree is a plus.
LAC Group is a premier provider of recruiting and consultancy services for information professionals at U.S. and global organizations including fortune 100 companies, law firms, pharmaceutical companies, large academic institutions and prominent government agencies.