|LibGig, an LAC Group Company, seeks a Digital Asset Manager to provide ongoing administration for the digital asset management system for our client, a nonprofit organization, located in Los Angeles.
- Responsible for leading overall strategy, implementation and workflow of the Digital Asset Management System
- Lead meetings, discussions and training sessions with staff and project working groups
- Create and provide succinct, clear presentations to stakeholders
- Develop, implement and maintain a consistent and successful communication and change management plan
- Coordinate and oversee the ongoing ingest of assets into the digital asset management system in preparation for celebrations and other organizational initiatives
- Act as administrator of the system, providing technical support and troubleshooting services to users including managing permissions and third-party access requests
- Work directly with assets, data and the system by contributing, organizing, describing and disseminating assets as needed
- Maintain metadata and taxonomy models, evaluate possible changes on an ongoing basis
- Act as ‘champion’ of the digital asset management system within and outside the Association, as one of the primary experts of all aspects of the system
- Work closely with Information Technology department to evaluate digital storage solution and policies and provide guidance for adjustments as necessary
- Monitor the needs of the organization and the digital asset management system usage and capabilities to ensure that it continually meets the needs of the institution
- Oversee and coordinate the daily activities of all cataloging interns and other project staff as necessary
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and values diversity in the workforce.
- Master’s degree in Library and Information Science from an American Library Association accredited school; educational emphasis with digital collections strongly preferred
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience, including project management involving digital collections
- Understanding of databases, working knowledge of digital content formats and standards
LAC Group is a premier provider of recruiting and consultancy services for information professionals at U.S. and global organizations including fortune 100 companies, law firms, pharmaceutical companies, large academic institutions and prominent government agencies.