|LibGig, on behalf of our client, an international law firm, has an opening for a Manager of Research Systems in the Washington, DC office. The Manager works as part of the management team to contribute to and implement the vision for the department. The Manager has primary responsibility for developing, implementing and overseeing the delivery of research and reference, current awareness and monitoring, business and competitive intelligence, and orientation and training services firm-wide.
- Assist with the creation and implementation of (a) long and short range goals and objectives that align with the Firm’s strategic and operational plans and (b) policies and procedures to ensure the effective and balanced delivery of services and resources firm-wide;
- Manage all unit services, developing processes, procedures and other best practices to support unit activities;
- Monitor requests received by the centralized research system, providing the oversight required to ensure that all requests are handled efficiently and in a timely manner;
- Evaluate, train and mentor staff;
- Review, evaluate and recommend resource products and tools;
- Promote the use research services firm-wide.
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and values diversity in the workforce.
- Master of Library Science from an ALA accredited school or equivalent degree;
- Minimum of seven (7) years of progressively responsible experience, including significant experience in a law firm or corporate information center. Law firm experience is strongly preferred;
- Minimum of five (5) years of management experience, including supervision of personnel and project management;
- Thorough knowledge of research methodology and print and electronic resources in the areas of law relevant to the Firm’s practice;
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills, including the ability to analyze, evaluate and synthesize information from a variety of sources;
- Advanced understanding of database research and the technology associated with it;
- Proficiency with Lexis, Westlaw and other relevant research services;
- Familiarity with software and other technology used for communication, research and knowledge sharing;
- Familiarity with electronic contracts and licensing agreements;
- Familiarity with business strategic planning and the development of goals and objectives;
- Familiarity with budgeting process;
- Strong client service orientation, ability to work independently and as part of a team, excellent organizational skills and excellent oral and written communication skills;
LAC Group is a premier provider of recruiting and consultancy services for information professionals at U.S. and global organizations including fortune 100 companies, law firms, pharmaceutical companies, large academic institutions and prominent government agencies.