|LibGig, on behalf of our client, an international law firm, is seeking a Manager of Knowledge Systems in Washington, DC. The Manager works as part of the management team to contribute to and implement the vision for the department. The Manager has primary responsibility for developing, implementing and overseeing the technology infrastructure that supports all department activities firm-wide and the systems, processes and procedures involved in managing centralized collection management services.
- Assist with the creation and implementation of (a) long and short range goals and objectives that align with the firm’s strategic and operational plans and (b) policies and procedures to ensure the effective and balanced delivery of services and resources firm-wide;
- Work to develop and implement technology systems to support and improve library services, including knowledge management, access to resources, technical services, research services, and administration;
- Oversee all collection management functions, including cataloging, acquisitions and fund accounting, serials control and circulation control;
- Evaluate, train and mentor staff;
- Review, evaluate and recommend products and tools;
- Promote the use of knowledge systems tools firm-wide.
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and values diversity in the workforce.
- Master of Library Science from an ALA accredited school or equivalent degree;
- Minimum of seven (7) years of progressively responsible experience, including significant experience in a law firm or corporate information center. Law firm experience is strongly preferred;
- Minimum of five (5) years of management experience, including supervision of personnel and project management;
- Thorough knowledge of technical services functions, resource management and library technologies in a business setting, including software and products used for communication, research, knowledge sharing, and collection management;
- Advanced knowledge of and experience using integrated library systems (EOS strongly preferred);
- Knowledge of major legal and business databases and resources;
- Familiarity with electronic contracts and licensing agreements;
- Familiarity with business strategic planning and the development of goals and objectives;
- Familiarity with budgeting process;
- Strong client service orientation, ability to work independently and as part of a team, excellent organizational skills and excellent oral and written communication skills.
LAC Group is a premier provider of recruiting and consultancy services for information professionals at U.S. and global organizations including fortune 100 companies, law firms, pharmaceutical companies, large academic institutions and prominent government agencies.