|LibGig, on behalf of our client, a prestigious international consulting firm, has an immediate opening for a full-time Research Associate in our New York City office. This is an exciting opportunity for a creative individual who has vision and enthusiasm to join a global Information Resource team with an established and expanding firm. This role offers a competitive salary, including an excellent benefits package.
- Work with global consulting staff on a wide range of research projects using information tools and proprietary databases to provide information for client projects and business development initiatives;
- Provide quick solutions and in-depth research, current awareness services, competitive intelligence and special research to support staff;
- Work with information resources team members from other regions to continue to build a global research function through sharing work and experiences;
- Help educate consulting staff on research issues and train them on end-user products;
- Assist in marketing and developing information services to staff globally;
- Work on special projects as assigned.
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and values diversity in the workforce.
- Advanced degree in one of the following is required: Masters of Information/Library Science (MLS/MLIS) from an accredited program or Masters (MBA) in business or economics or law;
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working in a research environment providing business, legal or financial information;
- Understanding/knowledge and experience with database services such as: Bloomberg, CapIQ, Factset, ThomsonOne, Datastream, SNL Financial, SNL Energy, BvD Orbis, Factiva, legal databases (Lexis Nexis, Westlaw, Bloomberg Law);
- Ability to prioritize, problem solve, respond quickly to requests and handle a workload requiring creative, analytical, evaluative, and interpretive thought processes;
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills as well as strong oral and written communication skills;
- Fluency in English is required and proficiency in one or more European languages is a plus;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Sharepoint.
LAC Group is a premier provider of recruiting and consultancy services for information professionals at U.S. and global organizations including fortune 100 companies, law firms, pharmaceutical companies, large academic institutions and prominent government agencies.