|LibGig, an LAC Group Company, is seeking a, part-time (16 hours per week) Knowledge Management (KM) Associate for a client, a prestigious consultancy, Chicago office. Reporting to the KM Manager and working in a small-team environment, this role will work 16 hours per week (Two, 8 hour days worked are flexible and easy to change/accommodate) and is a great opportunity to be part of a KM team/process in a consulting firm environment. Current students with the requested experience will be considered for the role as well as graduates and professionals looking for an ongoing, part-time position.
- Edit and proofread content on Client’s intellectual capital site, which is designed and maintained in SharePoint, ensuring consistency and quality of all editing tasks;
- Update Client’s project records in SharePoint from a range of internal sources. Tasks include:
- Updating project records from spreadsheet data;
- Making links between related projects, documents and case studies;
- Update documents in SharePoint;
- Tasks include comparing lists to identify and fill data gaps, especially in document descriptions;
- Maintain a spreadsheet of opposing expert data extracted from the SharePoint data;
- Other tasks related to the site as assigned.
Desired Skills and Experience:
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and values diversity in the workforce.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree; an MLS (or equivalent) is preferred;
- Experience in cataloging and classification of content;
- Experience editing SharePoint or html records is preferred;
- Proficiency in Excel functions; tasks will include merging and unmerging cells, sorting, setting filters and comparing data;
- Keen attention to detail, including spelling, proofreading, and data entry rules, and commitment to accuracy.
LAC Group is a premier provider of recruiting and consultancy services for information professionals at U.S. and global organizations including fortune 100 companies, law firms, pharmaceutical companies, large academic institutions and prominent government agencies.