|LibGig, an LAC Group company, is looking for a Research Analyst for a large national law firm with offices in Los Angeles. The Research Analyst is primarily responsible for responding to reference and research requests from firm-wide and also assists with current awareness monitoring, collection development and other department activities.
- Performing legal, business and scientific reference and research using a variety of free and fee-based databases and web sites.
- Handling document delivery and interlibrary loans.
- Helping patrons use the resources.
- Assisting with current awareness services by developing requests and monitoring results.
- Participating in collection development activities, reviewing products and recommending changes to the collection.
- Contributing to the development of content for the intranet.
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and values diversity in the workforce.
- MLS or equivalent from an ALA accredited school.
- 2 years of legal and business research experience, preferably in a law firm or other similar environment.
- Demonstrated ability to use a wide range of print and online resources, including Westlaw, LexisAdvance, Law 360, Wolters Kluwer, Bloomberg BNA, and other digital tools in a cost-effective manner.
- Comfortable using Microsoft Office applications, especially Word, Outlook and Excel.
LAC Group is a premier provider of recruiting and consultancy services for information professionals at U.S. and global organizations including fortune 100 companies, law firms, pharmaceutical companies, large academic institutions and prominent government agencies.