PATRON SERVICES TECHNICIAN
ARE YOU READY TO JOIN IN A BOLD OPPORTUNITY TO HELP US TAKE COMMUNITY LIBRARY SERVICES TO AN ENTIRELY NEW LEVEL AT OUR NEW PARKER LIBRARY?
The Patron Services Technician performs a variety of patron contact duties including: actively assisting patrons with finding library materials and with using the catalog, assisting patrons with self-directed activities, handling all circulation duties, shelving library materials, and maintaining displays. Patron Services Technician staff members are usually the first point of contact for patrons and exhibit excellent customer service while performing all work duties. Work is performed under general supervision.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Demonstrates effective public service skills, and an understanding of public library operations. Supports “patron first” practices. Proactively seeks to assist patrons with finding items. Circulates the library floor regularly while performing other work duties to actively assist patrons with their requests. Demonstrates tact and professionalism in all face-to-face patron communications. Provides accurate informational and directional assistance to patron inquires.
- Provides assistance to patrons with catalog inquires, all self-directed transactions, including self-checks and offers Reader’s Advisory assistance to patrons, as needed.
- Proficiently handles all circulation duties, including desk opening and closing procedures, use of all patron and circulation forms, patron fines and daily receipts.
- Must possess excellent customer service skills and be a self-starter.
- Must be able to learn library operating systems, online databases, Reader’s Advisory, and Internet searching.
- Must be able to provide efficient and courteous patron service towards a diverse patron population.
- Proficiency to perform Storytime is highly-desired.
- Library shelving and circulation experience is required. Experience with maintaining merchandise displays is strongly preferred.
- Education: High School diploma or GED equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree or Associate’s degree is preferred.
- Experience: Two years of previous public library or bookstore experience is required.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.