|LAC Federal is looking for experienced Library Technicians to work for a major Federal agency library in the Washington, DC area. The Technicians will provide services including Interlibrary Loan work, Acquisitions, Serials check-in, ILS Systems support, Circulation, and Reference support. This is a full-time long-term (40 hours a week; Monday to Friday) benefited position.
- Provide services including Interlibrary Loan work, Acquisitions, Serials check-in, ILS Systems support, Circulation, and Reference support.
- Provide information service, such as answering questions regarding catalogs, and assists in the use of bibliographic tools, such as library catalogs.
- Answer routine inquiries, and refer persons requiring professional assistance to Librarian.
- Verify bibliographic information on order requests.
- Work in the maintenance of stacks or in the section of department or division, such as ordering or receiving section of acquisitions department, card preparation activities in catalog department, or limited loan or reserve desk operation of circulation department.
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and values diversity in the workforce.
- Associate’s Degree from an accredited institution
- At least 1 year experience working in library performing all or most of the duties described
- General knowledge of library procedures and practices including knowledge of Integrated Library Systems (ILS), Voyager preferred
- Ability to work in a fast-pace professional environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience in a law library preferred
LAC Group is a premier provider of recruiting and consultancy services for information professionals at U.S. and global organizations including Fortune 100 companies, law firms, pharmaceutical companies, large academic institutions and prominent government agencies