|LAC Federal is looking for experienced Librarians to work for a major Federal agency in the Washington, DC area in a specialized library that focuses on law, legislation, business and finance, and related fields. The Librarians will support all aspects of the library including reference and research services, collection development and management, cataloging, circulation and other technical services. This is a full time long term (40 hours a week; Monday to Friday) benefited position.
- Support all aspects of the library including reference and research services, collection development and management, cataloging, circulation and other technical services.
- Exhibit a high degree of professionalism and attention to detail with minimal supervision and frequently under tight deadlines.
- Expertise or familiarity in law, the legal system, or related topic is strongly preferred.
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and values diversity in the workforce.
- Master’s in Library and Information Science from an ALA-accredited program. May substitute LLB or JD from an ABA accredited program
- At least 2 years working in a library that focuses on law or business
- Advanced knowledge of library systems, procedures and practices including knowledge of Integrated Library Systems (ILS), Voyager preferred
- Ability to work in a fast-pace professional environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
LAC Group is a premier provider of recruiting and consultancy services for information professionals at U.S. and global organizations including Fortune 100 companies, law firms, pharmaceutical companies, large academic institutions and prominent government agencies