New York University – Shanghai
Reference and Research Services Librarian for Business
The New York University Shanghai Library seeks a Reference and Research Services Librarian for Business. As part of the Research and Instructional Services team which consists of Librarians and Instructional Technologists, the successful candidate will establish strong relationships with faculty and students in the business disciplines, and connect them to the services, content and tools that meet their research, teaching and learning needs.
NYU Shanghai is the newest degree-granting campus within the NYU Global Network University. It is the first Sino-US higher education joint venture to grant a degree that is accredited in the US as well as in China. As a research university with liberal arts and science at its core, NYU Shanghai resides in one of the world's great cities with a vibrant intellectual community (http://shanghai.nyu.edu/). It recruits scholars who are committed to a global vision of transformative teaching and innovative research.
New York University’s Global Network University is established as an organically connected, multi-site network that encompasses key global cities and intellectual capitals. The network has three degree-granting campuses - New York, Shanghai, and Abu Dhabi - complemented by eleven additional academic centers across five continents. Faculty and students will circulate within the network in pursuit of common research interests and cross-cultural, interdisciplinary endeavors, both local and global.
The Library of NYU Shanghai will deliver and coordinate a wide range of academic services that support the teaching, learning and research of NYU Shanghai’s faculty and students. Drawing on the resources of the libraries at NYU New York, the NYU Shanghai library provides an opportunity to create a forward-looking 21st-century library program and facility to serve a culturally diverse and academically talented population.
- Working in a collaborative environment, this position will:
- Serve as the primary liaison to business, finance and marketing programs with responsibilities for delivering instruction, consultation, and research support services.
- Participate in in-person and Ask-A-Librarian chat reference services.
- Work closely with a team of librarians to design library orientation programs, library workshops, assessment and other Information Literacy activities.
- Build collections in all formats that support research and curricular needs.
- Liaise with faculty and administrators concerning future academic directions, programmatic needs, and changes in course offerings that may impact how the Library supports the department/program.
- Collaborate with colleagues at NYU New York, NYU Abu Dhabi, and across NYU’s global network to implement and enhance programs & services.
- Develop responsive outreach and other information services; and take a leadership role on projects and initiatives as appropriate.
- Participate in library and system-wide committees and professional activities outside of the University.
To Apply: To ensure consideration, submit your CV and letter of application, including the name, address, and telephone number of three references to: https://apply.interfolio.com/40291.
- ALA-accredited MLS or equivalent graduate LIS degree required.
- Second master’s degree in a subject area relevant to the NYU Shanghai academic program preferred.
- Experience, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Previous experience in instruction, collection development, and/or reference services in academic library, preferably in research library.
- Strong commitment to reference service, library instruction and information literacy principles.
- Demonstrated excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- High proficiency in oral and written English; ability to speak Chinese preferred.
- Prior experience working in a culturally diverse environment or prior international experience.
- Demonstrated experience providing strong customer service and quality services, including developing creative solutions in responsible areas to support and engage users.
- Familiarity with trends in scholarly communication, including digital scholarship and research, data management, and corresponding needs of faculty and researchers.
- Preference will be given to candidates with demonstrated business subject experience in an academic library environment; or an advanced degree in business, economics or related discipline.
Applications by April 15th will be given preference by the search committee.
Company Website: https://shanghai.nyu.edu