Researching – Investment Banking
William Blair is a global investment banking and asset management firm. We are committed to building enduring relationships with our clients and providing expertise and solutions to meet their evolving needs. An independent and employee-owned firm, William Blair is based in Chicago, with offices in 18 cities across four continents. For more information, please visit williamblair.com.
JOB SUMMARY & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conducts information research in a variety of domestic and international sectors using both free and fee-based databases and other resources.
- Completes both short term and in-depth research projects and analysis under deadline.
- Manages multiple projects on a daily basis.
- Participates in end-user training for both individuals and small groups.
- Contributes to knowledge initiatives.
- Works on special projects as assigned.
- Master’s degree in Library and Information Science or other advanced degree with comparable research experience.
- Minimum three years’ experience performing research preferred.
- Understanding of and experience with database services such as LexisNexis, Factiva, CapitaIQ, Bloomberg, Thomson Research, BVD, Intelligize, and others preferred.
- Strong investigative research and analytical skills preferred.
- Expertise conducting in-depth company, biographical, industry, financial, market, legal, and regulatory research desired.
- Strong commitment to customer service.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.