|LibSource, a LAC Group company, seeks a Generalist Librarian for a major law firm client with an office located in Washington DC. The Librarian will be required to coordinate technical services and collection maintenance along with general research services, cataloging and basic support. This position functions as part of a larger library team dispersed across four office locations. The candidate will be expected to collaborate and work in a distributed environment.
- Provide advice on using electronic resources via the library’s portal site for straight-forward requests for documents, cases and articles.
- Maintain library collection by sorting, shelving and organizing print publications and filing pocket parts, supplements and loose- leaf sets.
- Check-in and route materials using library catalog.
- Modify and update catalog records according to set criteria to change location, holdings, etc.
- Search and retrieve records in OCLC and the ILS and assist in their processing.
- Respond to general information requests and assist in locating books and publications.
- Perform related tasks as assigned and participate in special projects as necessary.
- Print and affix labels.
- Perform clerical tasks such as cataloging, data entry, generating reports and processing invoices.
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer who values diversity in the workplace.
- 1-3 years experience in Information/Library Services preferably in a legal environment or solo environment.
- A Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s in Library and Information Science, preferred.
- General knowledge of library services, tasks, programs.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Experience using an integrated library system such as EOS or Sydney.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential.
LAC Group is a premier provider of recruiting and consultancy services for information professionals at U.S. and global organizations including fortune 100 companies, law firms, pharmaceutical companies, large academic institutions and prominent government agencies.