|LAC Federal is seeking Web Developer to work for a major Federal institution in the Washington, DC metro area. The Developer will be responsible for front-end web design, development, and maintenance. Work will be performed on-site. This is a full-time (40 hours per week; Monday - Friday), benefited position.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Duties and Requirements:
- Reliably deliver assigned tasks in a timely and efficient manner.
- Develop clean, maintainable and extensible code using up-to-date technologies and practices, platform and industry standards including web authoring tools, coding standards, browser standards, and other web technologies.
- Website design/redesign, and ongoing maintenance, updates, and additions.
- Assist in posting web documents and media content as necessary.
- Collaborate with other team members to complete selected web design tasks, to maintain robust web server security standards, and to train and provide meaningful documentation in support of continual upkeep of the website.
- Maintain organizational database and online publications catalog.
- Ensures that all content and graphics are compliant with all applicable Federal standards, including Section 508, agency’s Web Guidance and web policy.
- Serve as point of escalation in answering technical inquiries about the website and to troubleshoot and resolve website related issues.
- Must be able to take ownership of the product delivery.
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and values diversity in the workforce.
- BA/BS in an information or CS related field OR equivalent experience
- Experience in Web front-end development, UI design, and information management
- Experience in 508 Compliance including design, testing, and remediation
- Experience working with Drupal is required
- Experience working with health information a plus
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, written, and organizational skills
- Must be able to work both independently and as part of a motivated and productive team
- Must have excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work with emerging technologies and learn new skills
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
LAC Group is a premier provider of recruiting and consultancy services for information professionals at U.S. and global organizations including fortune 100 companies, law firms, pharmaceutical companies, large academic institutions and prominent government agencies.