|LibGig, an LAC Group company, is looking for a Temporary Researcher for a large national law firm with offices in San Diego. The Researcher is primarily responsible for providing in-depth legal, business, and competitive intelligence research as needed to support the lawyers, paralegals and other staff. This role is a full-time benefited position that will last approximately 8 months.
- Provide complex business and legal research services to the firm's lawyers and staff as part of the firm-wide research team.
- Assist lawyers, professionals and support staff in conducting research using online and other research materials and technologies available at the firm.
- Prepare alerts and resource awareness communications for internal clients.
- Share expertise, resources awareness and service delivery best practices and innovation concepts with department peers.
- Support information access and decision making tools analysis, design, implementation and support initiatives of the firm's Knowledge Management Department.
- Log research and other productive time in the firm's resource tracking system.
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and values diversity in the workforce.
- 5+ years of research and analysis experience in a law firm, professional services or corporate law firm research environment.
- Experience in searching Lexis. Westlaw and knowledge of standard secondary research sources both in print and online required. Experience in online platforms such as Intelligize, RIA Checkpoint, Capital IQ, The Deal, Lexis Security Mosaic and CCH IntelliConnect desired.
- Experience with EOS Integrated Library System is desirable.
LAC Group is a premier provider of recruiting and consultancy services for information professionals at U.S. and global organizations including fortune 100 companies, law firms, pharmaceutical companies, large academic institutions and prominent government agencies.