|LAC Federal is seeking an Indexing Supporter to work on a contract at a government agency located in Washington, DC. This is a full-time (40 hours a week; Monday to Friday), benefited position. The responsibilities shall include but not be limited to the following duties:
- Review and index articles, journals, and research papers;
- Assign subject terms to documents using the MetaLogic application;
- Monitor, manage, and update SharePoint page;
- Create bibliographic records in JOLIS catalog;
- Conduct quality control of records;
- Create new records;
- Support indexing activities as needed.
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and values diversity in the workforce.
- MLS or similar required
- Two years’ experience indexing with controlled vocabularies and subject terms
- Ability to develop deep understanding of subject matter in finance and international development;
- Knowledge of SharePoint and MetaLogic;
- Ability to learn established indexing procedures;
- Excellent writing ability;
- Strong attention to detail; ability to manage work independently and accurately with minimal mistakes
LAC Group is a premier provider of recruiting and consultancy services for information professionals at U.S. and global organizations including fortune 100 companies, law firms, pharmaceutical companies, large academic institutions and prominent government agencies.