|LibGig, an LAC Group Company is recruiting an experienced Manager of Knowledge Services for an exciting full-time opportunity at our client firm’s Cambridge, MA office!
The role is responsible for oversight of the day-to-day operations of Knowledge Services and the strategic vision and alignment of Knowledge Services with
the firm’s goals. The firm offers excellent benefits and generous compensation based upon experience, knowledge, and skills.
- Leading the firm’s research services including information and KM resources and services
- Manage traditional library materials and the development and maintenance of the in-house knowledge management platform, a digital asset system, and catalog
- Manage Annual Copyright License and relationship with the Copyright Clearance Center
- Identify new or replacement products/services to fill knowledge gaps
- Manage information lifecycle of all licensed products, ensuring license compliance, correct cost allocation, timely payment and effective renewals
- Oversee maintenance of departmental operation manuals to ensure knowledge transfer
- Participate in cross-departmental efforts to synchronize operational data and support best practices in management of operational data
- Oversee a staff of 1-2 librarians
- Strategize and implement improvements to internal processes in order to progress the collection and dissemination of knowledge and research firm-wide
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and values diversity in the workforce.
- Master’s in Library Science or Information Science is required
- Minimum of 5-10 years of related work experience managing a professional services library and KM department preferred
- Experience leading and managing a team
- Advanced proficiency in online research and legal and business information databases (e.g. Bloomberg, Cap IQ, Thompson Reuters and Lexis)
- Experience implementing enterprise-wide digital solution to information management (including building taxonomies, leveraging usage analysis in decision-making, QA, knowledge of database and metadata best practices, data automation, and authentication modalities)
- Demonstrated knowledge of US Copyright law
- Advanced proficiency in collaboration applications (SharePoint preferred)
- Effective communications, orally and in writing
- Ability to handle multiple and shifting tasks and priorities in a fast-paced work environment
- Exceptional business acumen and ability to maintain the strictest confidentiality
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite or similar software packages is required
- Night and weekend work and travel to other offices are required.
LAC Group is a premier provider of recruiting and consultancy services for information professionals at U.S. and global organizations including fortune 100 companies, law firms, pharmaceutical companies, large academic institutions and prominent government agencies