LAC Federal is looking for a Librarian Manager for a major health library in the Washington, DC metro area. The Librarian Manager will directly supervise a team including ILL Librarians and Web Developers to ensure that daily and long-term priorities and deadlines are met. The Manager will work within the framework of the library’s strategic plan goals, standards, policies, procedures, and guidelines to advance the overall organization mission. Previous experience working in a health-related institution is a plus. Work will be performed on-site. This is a full-time (40 hours per week; Monday - Friday), benefited position.
- Supervise day-to-day work of all employees
- Delegate and coordinate assignments; manage workflows effectively
- Resolve routine staff concerns and complex problems
- Write performance evaluations
- Conduct in-house orientation of employees and directly provide help with ongoing problem-solving, instruction, and training as needed
- Communicate, interpret, and explain the library’s goals, standards, policies, procedures, and guidelines to staff
- Take on special projects as needed
- Demonstrate initiative to propose new projects that will enhance overall library and staff performance
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and values diversity in the workforce.
- MLS/MLIS degree from an accredited ALA University
- Experience working with electronic resources including PubMed, MedlinePlus, MeSH, and UMLS highly preferred
- Experience in supporting and conducting research and development in the fields of biomedical informatics.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, written, and organizational skills
- Comfortable working in a public-facing, customer service environment
- Must be able to work both independently and as part of a motivated and productive team
- Must have excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work with emerging technologies and learn new skills
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
LAC Group is a premier provider of recruiting and consultancy services for information professionals at U.S. and global organizations including fortune 100 companies, law firms, pharmaceutical companies, large academic institutions and prominent government agencies.